Wednesday, May 26, 2010

On Progress and the High Life






These picture give me a good idea of the progress we are making in the garden. This year there are a number of firsts. We are trying the square foot method to improve our yield. We hope to be harvesting our first large crop of garlic and potatoes (back left). We hope to have our first peaches, apples, and garbanzo beans. We are also trying our green thumbs on hops (yes for beer making), tobacco (we are still a non-smoking household), cape gooseberries, poppies, watermelons, and spinach. Let the summer begin.



Just an update from my latest slug hunting adventure. The guy at the corner store must think I love my Miller High Life. I have been buying a 40 every week to kill snails and slugs. What can I say the Miller works the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment