Sunday, August 21, 2011

Getting some knitting time

This summer I wasn't sure if I would get much knitting time due to all the amazing travel I got to do (Mexico, Humboldt, El Salvador, Gualala).
Shawl knitting has been my focus this year. Lace is just complicated enough to keep my attention and keep me challenged. It is the perfect thing to knit while I am still in school.

This is Swallowtail by Evelyn Clark, knitted in one skein of KnitPicks Shadow. One of the easiest lace patters to make. This time I used beads to give it some weight. It is light and amazingly warm.


Surprisingly enough I have knitted Ysolda's Ishbel before and find it to be a clever pattern. The yarn I used is made by Terilyn Needleart it is her Heather in Hickory I used about 1000 yards.

This and the picture below were taken by my friend Dawna. She is a talented knitter, great cook and very generous.

To keep me motivated and learning, I usually take a knitting class or two every year. Of course since I have so much fun knitting lace I joined a Lace Shawl Group that meets a couple of times every other month. I'll be posting my next shawl soon as it is almost off my needles. I will also be posting two other projects I have been working on. You just cannot keep me from knitting.

1 comment: