Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The weird time just before Christmas

For the last few week I have been off of school, but with the holiday almost here I really couldn't get organized to find some part-time work. So we spent our time together hiking all over Sonoma County. We did a rainy day hike in Armstrong woods down into Austin Creek Trail.



I cooked every opportunity I could. This sweet potato with pecans and goat cheese dish came from my favorite food blogger Smitten Kitchen. It made it as an appetizer for Christmas dinner and it was a hit.



We also did some mushroom hunting. This was our loot from one day out in the forest. For the following three days we made mushroom this and mushroom that. Delicious and FREE!

Mostly we have been doing some serious resting. A good nap cures all ills. Lily and Tuxedo agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment