Monday, October 24, 2011

My wish list got a check mark today

For the last three years I have wanted to capture a hummingbird in action but just couldn't. Believe me I have tried but my efforts yielded nothing but disappointment. Today, I got my wish. Over the weekend I noticed a pair of hummingbirds visiting our purple salvia bush in the front yard. My Aunt Lilly was able to get a great picture of one of them. Her success fueled my desire to get my turn. So, when I got home from school, I grabbed my camera and patiently waited by the garage door. The beautiful hummingbird appeared, she flew around the bush taking nectar for about 3 minutes before she took off. It was just perfect. Check-mark: picture of a hummingbird. Done! What do you think?









Of course there were some bad shots or misses.



The hummingbird changed colors depending on what angle you captured. Pretty cool. Next time I'll try to get closer.

1 comment:

  1. You are inspiring me to get a good camera and start photographing again. These are as beautiful as I have ever seen of hummingbirds. Great job!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete