Thursday, August 5, 2010

Stabbed by a needle twice

Yes there are hazards to the hobbies I enjoy. The first time I got stabbed by a needle I was running to get the phone and the metal knitting needle that was on my lap dropped on the hardwood floor bouncing into my foot. It dug in about 3/4 of an inch in between my bones and broke skin. In disbelief I sat on the floor looking at my foot. When I pulled it out it hurt like crazy, no blood no infection. Really stabbed by a knitting needle. How do I explain that.

Yesterday I was working on a sewing project. I wasn't in a hurry, the simple project was going well. When I was sewing the casing for the elastic I reached with my finger forgetting there were moving parts and well the needle stabbed me in the nail. It would have been a minor thing if I could just learn not to panic. But my reaction to the pain was to pull my finger away tearing tissue and causing more damage. I am grateful no blood dripped onto the fabric and I finished my project. Now I need to nurse my very soar ripped finger. My sewing teacher ( remember I took a sewing class this summer) warned us about this and I laughed quietly thinking "Well that is a stupid thing to do." I guess I should have said, "I hope I never do that."


My trusty sewing machine.


OUCH!

Nothing can stop me now.

Love the Internet. No pattern needed just a computer to make this Ruffle Sleeve Top. I followed a tutorial by sparkle power.

No comments:

Post a Comment