Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday fun with some awesome ladies

Last Sunday, Kathy and Erin, hosted a bridal shower for me. I was so touched by all the awesome women in my life. Thank you all!
With Ali and baby Isla

A wonderful lunch was served.

Enjoying a great summer afternoon and playing games.


Each guest had to draw a picture of me while their eyes were shut. I then had to judge the best artist. Too much fun.

Lots of laughs.

I had asked each guest to bring a song, poem, or to share words they live by. It was great to hear what inspires one to rise to the occasion. Words are powerful. When I started nursing school I was a bit intimidated. Each morning I would sing an old Pointer Sister's song and it would get me going for the day (especially when I had a test or competency). Grades are important to graduate but being a better "woman" is a reminder of the greater task at hand.

Oh the joy in Aiden's face.

Ladies, I love you dearly. For those who couldn't make it you were missed.


Here is the song that moves me to action, everyday...

1 comment: