Friday, June 25, 2010

Angel Island

On Wednesday I spent the day with Kathy and her tennis friends hiking Angel Island.
You can hike, ride your bike, and even back pack on Angel Island. A fee of $13.50 gets you there and back. There is a visitor's center, a museum, and lots of places to enjoy the view.

The Golden Gate bridge is behind me. It is under all that fog.

I took this picture of the Bay Bridge with Thomas in mind. T took an edible plant identification class this last weekend and I understand these are stinging nettles (I saw them everywhere on the island). They are very good for your health. As soon as he got home last Sunday night we took a walk looking for them near our home.

A blooming century plant another of T's favorite.





The beach at Fort McDowell. You can see it in the picture above.

T's mom!


It was so much fun to see the fog roll. It moves so fast.





Angel Island processed 1 million immigrant in the 30 years. Ellis Island processed 12 million people in 62 years.

It was a delightful day spent getting to know some amazing women. After a quick lunch I rushed back to Santa Rosa to attend summer school.

No comments:

Post a Comment