Monday, June 21, 2010

This time last June.

This time last year...
I love thinking back. What was I doing this time last year? In attempt to bring you along, here are some highlights.

We got our first bee hive this time last year. It was an exciting day. Kathy came over one afternoon and gently opened the bee box.

Later on we split the hive and had our own equipment in place. June is considered late in the season, so we feed our bees sugar water for some time until they got used to their new home.

My talented friend Pat H. and master knitter made this amazing shawl for a very special Lady. I got to model it before it was gifted. The shawl is "the Illusionist shawl", it was designed by Alchemy Yarns and knitted in Haiku also by Alchemy Yarns. A week after taking this picture Thomas and I were both sick with the H1N1. No correlation with the shawl. I remember having so much fun that Friday night with my knitting friend. By Sunday Thomas had a high fever and he felt so bad he never made it out of bed. The following Wednesday I was just as sick. When we were better I thought of making matching T-shirts that read, "I survived the swine flu". Remember how crazy it was around that time.


Last May Kristine and Vincenzo made an important commitment to each other. The irony, we were all due at their wedding in May, which was rescheduled for September due to the H1N1. We were unwilling to travel outside of the US in order to prevent getting sick. A month later we were sick. It was a crazy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment