Saturday, June 26, 2010

June come and went in a flash

Wow, next week June will come to an end.

I greeted this month in Ashland OR. As part of my visit I wanted to check out the local dog park. More curiosity led us (Quin, M and I) to find this creek. A hidden treasure behind the dog park.

This year I have made a commitment to shop second hand. The blouse that I am wearing cost me $2.99 at the local thrift in Ashland.


As soon as school ended I pulled my sewing machine out of it's case and started quilting. This summer I am taking a garment sewing class at the JC. My idea of fun before RN school starts in August. My grandmother Adela was a talented seamstress and for years I watched her work. Now I feel her presence when I am sewing.


This month we attended a memorial for the Ocean and a protest march. It was a sad evening for me and one full of reflection.

We celebrated several birthdays at M&P's. Arthur, K&D's baby, is now one year old. Happy Birthday!

Another addition to the long arm photography club.

I have been attending a 40 hour Medical Interpreter course through the St. Joseph's system. Very cool stuff. I had forgotten the word for gallbladder (vesicula), good thing I took this class. With my certificate of completion in hand, I am safe and ready to interpret for Spanish speaking patients. If I want to get certified I would need a much longer course, but this is a great start.

Last night on my way home from jamming apricots with a friend, I stopped on the side of the road to take this picture. I had no tripod so was lucky to get a decent full moon shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment