Friday, January 14, 2011

365 for January 8 - 14

We had dinner at T's parent's home. This retro dish is beautiful, it was a wedding gift for Carl and Kathy. They will be celebrating their 39th year as a married couple. The perfect gift keeps on giving.
1.08

Blue skies in January and lots of road kill. The vulture was eating a dead raccoon on the side of the road. The animals belly was exposed and the ugly bird was ripping flesh in strips. Yeah, I know I had to look. It is part of my morbid character. He took off when I got close. Lucky for you I would have taken a picture of him eating.
1.09

It is still cold in Santa Rosa and the trees are still dropping their leaves.
1.10

Second hand store shopping is on my agenda as often as twice a month. All these items cost me a total of $4 at the As-Is Goodwill store on Yulupa Ave. The jars I use for canning and storing dry goods. The books will make a great gift for a soon to be 4-year-old. The Bell basket should fit on my cruiser bike. The frog is for Cassidy's growing frog collection and the Christmas cookie cutters will be for a crafty project.
1.11

Finished knitted objects. The headband is an original design, that just means I made it up. Hope it will fit the recipient. I cannot tell you who it is because it will ruin the surprise.
1.12

A lazy day in front of the fire. Thursday was a day to catch-up with emails, knit, clean and cook. Lily watched me from her cozy spot in front of the roaring fire. She gets all the perks.
1.13

Don't ask my why I took a picture of my fridge today. Oh, I know why. Thomas and I are making an effort this year to reduce our food waste. That means we took a serious look at our eating habits and got a bit more organized, hence the clean fridge. This year we will try to eat on $100/week. That means I will need to do more meal planning which I love to do because it means I'll be COOKING. I will join hundreds of bloggers and post my food waste as part of Food Waste Friday.
1.14

No comments:

Post a Comment