Saturday, January 8, 2011

Introducing the 365 Project 2011

This year I am taking a picture a day for the entire 365 days of the year. The truth is that I will be showing you a picture corresponding to each day of the year but will most likely take many many more.
So here is my first of what I hope to be a regular blog post.

The first of the year at Mount Saint Helena sometime in the afternoon. This year we will do a fair amount of hiking. St Helena is a yearly event.
1.01

We drove to Gualala and back for the day on January 2nd. It was a spectacular day at the coast. On the way home we did some mushroom hunting. For dinner I made roasted finger potatoes with hedge hog mushrooms. There is nothing like fresh shrooms.
1.02

This scary looking thing is my failed yogurt-at-home-making experiment. My mother has been making home-made yogurt for years and usually uses a 'starter' from my Lebanese aunts. I don't have that luxury. My start must not been 'live' so my yogurt failed. ( Really it was not the cook.) Home-made yogurt is delicious and nothing like what you buy at the store. Really!
1.03

100% Thrift. The lovely jacket was a $6.50 find and the cool Columbia jeans were a a whopping $4.00
1.04

We took a few days to visit Euan and his family in Sacramento. It was a surprise B-day visit. I got to spend time with the girls while T & E went skiing.
1.05

Some day I will have a wall in my house covered with yarn, in the mean time I just go to my local yarn store and fantasize.
1.06

"Oh George, honey what happened to you?" I found this stuffed Curious George on the street. A little TLC and he will be back in action. You see.
1.07

No comments:

Post a Comment