Friday, January 28, 2011

Bread, cheese and more yogurt.

This week was bad compared to the last few weeks. I discarded the last butt of some homemade bread that just molded in the bag, the rest of the yogurt I made two weeks ago and about a 2-inch brick of goat cheese that was lost to some hairy blue/green bacteria.

So when I bake two loaves of yummy bread, Thomas and I cannot possibly consumed them fast enough before other critters get to them. I do freeze but these were two different types of bread. The cheese just got lost in the bottom drawer. The yogurt, well lets just say I have failed again at making yogurt.

Truth be told, I also discarded a cup of black-eyed peas. We were just not thrilled with the way they tasted after we cooked them up. We tried to save the beans and ended up making something that was just not edible-worse than the first try. I feel bad and even embarrassed, but I am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment