Friday, January 14, 2011

Food Waste Friday

Thomas and I are making an effort this year to reduce our food waste. That means we took a serious look at our eating habits and got a bit more organized, hence the clean fridge. This year we will try to eat on $100/week. That means I will need to do more meal planning which I love to do because it means I'll be COOKING. I will join hundreds of bloggers and post my food waste as part of Food Waste Friday.

I wanted to start my Food Waste Friday post with a proud picture of my pantry--after we cleaned and organized it. I didn't take a before picture because it was just too embarrassing to show you.


My food waste for the week was two 1/2 opened bags of powdered ginger that solidified into a nasty mass hidden under all the stuff in my disorganized pantry. A full bunch of flat leaf parsley I forgot about and a 1/2 eaten cucumber.

In order for me to reduce waste I need to keep organized. A clean pantry and refrigerator is a great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment